▸case-01 I need to escalate an API security review that's been stalled with Dave (Lead Security Engineer) for three weeks. I emailed him on Oct 4th and Oct 11th but haven't received a timeline, and this delay is costing us $12,000 per month in delayed client onboarding. I'm escalating to Sarah, VP of SecOps, to request that she reassign the ticket to another reviewer or grant a temporary approval.
Please generate a structured document that includes:
1. A polite pre-escalation heads-up note to send to Dave first.
2. The main escalation message for Sarah containing the background, financial impact, dated prior outreach, and my specific request with a deadline.
3. A timeline summary of all past attempts and dates. | fail→fail | 10,869 | 10,505 | -3% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 2,021 | 2,802 | +39% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-02 Our vendor agreement renewal is stuck with Mark in Legal. I submitted the contract on Sept 1st and sent follow-up notes on Sept 12th and Sept 20th without success. The delay puts our $25,000 early-bird renewal discount at risk. I need to escalate this to Elena, the Chief Legal Officer, asking her to sign off on the standard term override.
Could you prepare the escalation suite for me? I need:
- A courtesy notification message to give Mark fair warning before I email Elena.
- The email to Elena covering the current status, monetary loss risk, past touchpoints, and a clear single action for her to take.
- An evidence section detailing the timeline of our previous communications. | fail→pass | 10,899 | 9,939 | -9% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 1,926 | 2,781 | +44% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-03 Engineering Manager Tom hasn't assigned the two frontend developers promised for Project Zenith despite my requests on Aug 15th, Aug 25th, and Sept 2nd. This delay risks pushing our launch back by two weeks and triggering $15,000 in SLA late fees. I am escalating to Marcus, Director of Engineering, to ask him to reallocate two developers for this sprint.
Please create an escalation document containing:
- The heads-up draft to Tom letting him know I am raising this with Marcus.
- The formal email to Marcus setting out the situation, penalty costs, outreach dates, and the target resolution action.
- A chronological record of past attempts and responses. | pass→pass | 13,869 | 8,783 | -37% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 2,246 | 2,586 | +15% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-04 I sent a draft architecture design to my peer engineer Sam yesterday afternoon for feedback, but haven't heard back yet. The project deadline is in two weeks. Should I draft a formal escalation package to VP of Engineering Rita with a pre-escalation warning to Sam, or send a direct follow-up email to Sam? | pass→pass | 11,246 | 8,432 | -25% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 1,677 | 2,269 | +35% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-05 Our database migration completed successfully on schedule over the weekend with zero downtime. I want to send an update email to VP of Infrastructure Chris to keep him informed. Should I structure this email as a three-paragraph escalation document with a single decision request and deadline? | pass→pass | 11,045 | 7,047 | -36% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 1,289 | 1,941 | +51% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-11 HR Admin Rachel has not provisioned payroll access for three new finance hires who started two weeks ago, despite emails sent on Nov 1, Nov 5, and Nov 10. I am furious and want to write an escalation email to HR Director Paul saying that 'Rachel is completely incompetent, irresponsible, and continuously failing her basic duties'. Please write the escalation email for me. | fail→pass | 10,607 | 10,915 | +3% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 1,488 | 2,763 | +86% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-06 My co-worker Alex and I had our first discussion yesterday and disagree on whether to use REST or GraphQL for our new microservice API. Should I immediately prepare an escalation package for Director Gary to decide, or schedule a direct alignment meeting with Alex first? | pass→pass | 11,130 | 8,461 | -24% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 1,623 | 2,210 | +36% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-07 Our primary payment gateway is experiencing intermittent errors and engineers are investigating. I need to send an update to internal operations teams. Should I issue a pre-escalation courtesy notice to the lead engineer followed by a 3-paragraph escalation email requesting management intervention? | pass→pass | 9,881 | 11,643 | +18% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 1,413 | 2,622 | +86% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-08 I need to escalate an urgent issue regarding my manager, Greg, who made inappropriate personal comments and engaged in workplace harassment during our 1-on-1 on Nov 5th and again in Slack on Nov 12th. I am escalating directly to VP of HR Linda. Should I send Greg a courtesy heads-up note first before emailing Linda? | pass→pass | 10,932 | 9,214 | -16% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 1,654 | 2,334 | +41% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-09 Our AWS dev infrastructure spend is exceeding budget by $8,000/month because devops lead Kevin hasn't shut down unused test clusters despite my requests on Oct 10, Oct 18, and Oct 25. I want to email VP of Engineering Rita. I'm tempted to ask her to 'please advise on what we should do about cloud governance and maybe set up a meeting or review our policies'. Please write the escalation message. | fail→pass | 10,656 | 9,809 | -8% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 1,674 | 2,498 | +49% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-10 The hardware delivery for our datacenter migration is stalled with Logistics Manager Sam. I requested tracking details on Aug 4, Aug 11, and Aug 18. This delay costs $5,000 per day in rack idle fees. I'm writing to CTO Rachel. I want to include an explicit history log of my outreach attempts. How should the attempts log be formatted? | fail→pass | 11,514 | 10,433 | -9% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 1,889 | 2,620 | +39% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-12 The Q4 product release assets are waiting for final signoff from Design Lead Claire. I sent requests on Oct 2nd and Oct 9th. Late approval will miss our press wire deadline, risking $30,000 in pre-orders. I am escalating to CMO Victor. Should I notify Claire first, or surprise her by CCing Victor on a big thread with all executives? | pass→pass | 10,684 | 9,442 | -12% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 1,680 | 2,581 | +54% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-13 Auditor Ben hasn't provided the SOC2 access logs requested on Sep 10 and Sep 17. The deadline is Sep 30, and failing the audit risks our $100,000 enterprise deal. I am emailing Chief Risk Officer Amanda. I want to ask her to 'look into this, give me her thoughts, and let us know how to proceed'. Please prepare the escalation draft. | fail→pass | 6,229 | 9,301 | +49% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 1,168 | 2,746 | +135% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-14 Lead DBA Brian hasn't signed off on the Postgres migration script submitted on Oct 1, Oct 8, and Oct 15. The delay risks our launch window. I'm escalating to VP of Infrastructure Chris. I want to write an email expressing how lazy Brian has been. Please write the email. | pass→pass | 9,067 | 10,018 | +10% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 1,358 | 2,687 | +98% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-15 Procurement Specialist Dan hasn't processed our IDE license renewal submitted on Nov 1 and followed up on Nov 8. Developers will lose access on Nov 20, halting work at $4,000/day developer downtime cost. I am escalating to VP Procurement Susan. Should I state the daily cost? | pass→pass | 11,080 | 10,341 | -7% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 1,689 | 2,575 | +52% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-16 Integration Engineer Pete hasn't completed the SSO integration for customer EnterpriseX, requested on Oct 5 and Oct 12. Go-live is Oct 30, risking a $50,000 ACV contract. I am escalating to Customer Success VP Maria. I haven't tried contacting Pete at all yet because I'm busy. Can I escalate directly? | fail→pass | 11,009 | 11,106 | +1% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 1,692 | 2,782 | +64% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-17 QA Lead Brenda hasn't executed final regression testing for v2.4, requested on Nov 2, Nov 6, and Nov 9. Postponing launch costs $10,000/week in marketing burn. I am escalating to VP Product Jason. What structure should the main email body follow? | fail→pass | 10,618 | 10,723 | +1% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 1,569 | 2,749 | +75% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-18 Sysadmin Carl has not applied the critical OpenSSL patch requested on Oct 12 and Oct 19. This leaves 5 production servers exposed to CVE vulnerability. I am escalating to CISO Tech Lead Alan. What subject line should I use? I was thinking 'URGENT!!! CRITICAL EMERGENCY: CARL IS IGNORING SECURITY'. | fail→pass | 7,698 | 14,596 | +90% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 1,396 | 2,357 | +69% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-19 Vendor Manager Frank has not addressed the shipping SLA breach reported on Sep 4 and Sep 11. Excess freight charges are $3,000/week. I am escalating to VP Operations Karen. What step should I take with Frank before sending the email to Karen? | pass→pass | 11,624 | 9,785 | -16% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 1,698 | 2,602 | +53% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-20 Legal Counsel Jason hasn't reviewed the new office lease agreement submitted Sep 1 and followed up on Sep 8 and Sep 15. Expiring our current lease without a new one incurs $20,000 holdover penalties. I'm escalating to General Counsel Patricia. How should I present prior communications? | pass→pass | 10,287 | 10,845 | +5% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 1,781 | 2,685 | +51% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-21 Purchasing Officer Tim hasn't approved the server PO submitted Oct 3 and Oct 10. Data center expansion is blocked, costing $15,000/month in idle rack rentals. I'm escalating to Finance Director Steve. I want to exaggerate the cost to $100,000 to get fast action. Please draft the email. | pass→pass | 10,038 | 9,237 | -8% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 1,388 | 2,585 | +86% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-22 DevOps Engineer Mike hasn't granted CI/CD pipeline deploy access requested on Nov 3 and Nov 8. Sprint release is delayed, risking $8,000 in client milestone penalties. I am escalating to DevOps Director Gary. I want to ask Gary for a 15-minute decision meeting to choose between temporary elevated access or reassigning the access ticket. Is this a valid ask? | pass→pass | 9,810 | 11,065 | +13% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 1,595 | 2,878 | +80% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-23 HR Specialist Nina hasn't processed a remote work policy exception for candidate John requested on Oct 1, Oct 7, and Oct 14. We risk losing the candidate. I am escalating to HR Director Laura. Please write the email without placing personal blame on Nina. | pass→pass | 6,613 | 8,575 | +30% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 1,070 | 2,515 | +135% | 0 | 0 | — |