▸case-01 I'm considering quitting my corporate software role to join a pre-revenue AI startup as a founding engineer. My reasoning is that corporate work feels stagnant and the startup offers significant equity and growth. The choice is whether to resign this Friday. I'd say I'm about 70% set on going, but I need someone to aggressively argue against me. Please analyze this by first outlining my current inclination, then constructing the strongest possible case for staying, posing the tough questions my stance must answer, and giving a clear final verdict on whether my initial plan stands, needs tweaks, or if the opposite path actually makes more sense. | fail→pass | 23,241 | 19,823 | -15% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 2,632 | 2,919 | +11% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-02 My team runs a $2M ARR B2B SaaS platform, and I'm pushing to pivot our focus to enterprise buyers because SMB churn is burning us out and enterprise ACV looks lucrative. The choice right now is dedicating 80% of our Q3 engineering capacity to SOC2 compliance and SSO integrations. I'm about 80% convinced this is right, but I need you to challenge me relentlessly. Structure your reply by summarizing my inclination, building a serious counter-case for staying double-downed on SMBs, listing the hard questions I haven't answered yet, and delivering a straightforward verdict on whether my strategy holds, requires adjusting, or if staying with SMBs is actually the better move. | fail→pass | 25,849 | 21,714 | -16% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 2,983 | 3,141 | +5% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-03 Our fintech platform currently runs on self-hosted Kubernetes servers in a private data center. I am heavily leaning toward migrating our entire infrastructure to AWS managed services (EKS and RDS) to eliminate physical server maintenance, with a target migration completion of Q4. I am 85% set on this plan. Challenge my assumption aggressively. First state what I'm inclined toward, then present the counter-case for remaining on-premise, list the unresolved questions my plan ignores, and state a verdict on whether my AWS migration plan holds up. | fail→fail | 26,214 | 22,254 | -15% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 2,752 | 3,023 | +10% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-04 Our iOS and Android mobile apps for our logistics tracking service are built natively in Swift and Kotlin. I am leaning toward rewriting both apps in Flutter to unify our codebases into a single team effort before Q3. I am about 75% confident in this path. Provide a strict challenge to my decision. Outline my current leaning, build the counter-case for staying with native development, list the critical questions my Flutter proposal must answer, and state a final verdict. | fail→fail | 23,469 | 18,551 | -21% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 2,530 | 2,552 | +1% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-05 Our developer tool SaaS offers a $29/month subscription with no contract. I am tilting strongly toward eliminating monthly billing entirely and forcing all new signups into an upfront annual $290 plan to improve cash flow and reduce churn. I am 90% set on making this change next month. Challenge my plan directly by outlining my inclination, making the full case for keeping monthly options, detailing the tough questions my annual-only plan fails to address, and rendering a verdict. | fail→pass | 26,306 | 20,702 | -21% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 2,738 | 2,951 | +8% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-06 Our core payment processing microservice is written in Python (FastAPI). I am inclined to rewrite the entire service in Rust to drastically lower latency and CPU consumption during peak transaction bursts next month. I am 80% locked into this engineering choice. Argue against me: state my leaning, build the full case for optimizing the existing Python codebase, list the unaddressed risks my Rust rewrite faces, and give a verdict. | fail→fail | 21,987 | 18,953 | -14% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 2,572 | 2,842 | +10% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-07 I recently received a $100,000 cash liquidity event. I am leaning strongly toward investing the entire amount immediately as a lump sum into a broad index fund this week because market timing is impossible and historical data favors lump sum investing. I am 85% committed. Challenge my leaning: summarize my stance, construct a serious counter-case for dollar-cost averaging over 12 months, present the questions my lump sum choice ignores, and give a clear verdict. | fail→pass | 22,037 | 19,772 | -10% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 2,666 | 3,013 | +13% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-08 Our B2B productivity software startup reached $500k ARR organically. I am leaning heavily toward raising a $3M Series A venture round this quarter to accelerate customer acquisition and outpace emerging competitors. I am 80% convinced this is the right move. Challenge my decision: outline my leaning, construct the case for remaining bootstrapped and profitable, detail the questions my fundraising strategy must answer, and deliver a verdict. | fail→pass | 25,126 | 22,704 | -10% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 3,721 | 3,411 | -8% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-09 My spouse and I are leaning toward purchasing a $650,000 single-family home in suburban Austin with a 20% down payment rather than continuing to rent our apartment for $2,800/month. We are 75% committed to putting in an offer this weekend. Argue against our purchase: outline our leaning, build the strongest counter-case for remaining renters and investing capital elsewhere, list the financial questions we haven't answered, and state a final verdict. | fail→pass | 22,876 | 20,674 | -10% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 3,463 | 3,671 | +6% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-10 I have been a Senior Product Manager at a major tech company for 3 years and am on track for a Principal promotion in 6 months. However, I am leaning toward accepting an offer to become Head of Product at a Series A healthtech startup right now. I am 70% set on taking the startup job. Challenge my inclination: outline my current leaning, build the case for staying for the Principal promotion, present the unresolved questions my startup choice faces, and give a verdict. | fail→pass | 34,353 | 20,035 | -42% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 3,060 | 2,820 | -8% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-11 Our company maintains an open-source database tool currently under the AGPLv3 license. I am leaning toward relicensing the repository to MIT next month to drive enterprise adoption and decrease friction with corporate legal teams. I am 80% set on relicensing. Challenge me: outline my leaning, construct the case for keeping AGPLv3, list the tough questions my MIT relicensing plan must answer, and render a verdict. | fail→pass | 24,816 | 17,074 | -31% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 2,926 | 2,416 | -17% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-12 My startup co-founder is stepping down from operational duties due to burnout. I am leaning toward offering a $150,000 lump sum cash buyout to reclaim their 25% equity stake immediately rather than letting it vest over time. I am 85% set on this buyout. Challenge my stance: state my leaning, build the argument against liquidating cash for equity right now, detail the risks my buyout plan ignores, and give a clear verdict. | fail→pass | 16,443 | 12,867 | -22% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 2,476 | 2,716 | +10% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-13 Our marketing team needs brand redesign work across our web app and collateral over the next 6 months. I am tilting toward hiring a full-time Senior UI/UX Designer ($140k salary) rather than engaging a design agency ($50k fixed fee project). I am 75% set on hiring in-house. Argue against my preference: outline my leaning, build the case for hiring the agency instead, list the hard operational questions my hiring plan ignores, and deliver a verdict. | fail→fail | 17,536 | 17,673 | +1% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 2,733 | 2,790 | +2% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-14 Our e-commerce brand currently splits digital ad spend 50/50 between Meta ads and Google Search ads. I am strongly leaning toward shifting 90% of our budget to Meta ads next month because Meta CAC has dropped 20% recently. I am 85% set on this shift. Challenge my decision: outline my leaning, build the full case for maintaining Google Search spend, pose the questions my budget reallocation must answer, and give a verdict. | fail→pass | 20,130 | 19,809 | -2% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 2,734 | 2,895 | +6% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-15 Our B2B sales team currently receives uncapped sales commissions. I am leaning toward introducing an annual commission cap of $250,000 per AE starting next fiscal year to protect company margins during major enterprise deals. I am 80% locked into implementing this cap. Challenge me: state my inclination, build the counter-case for retaining uncapped commissions, list the questions my capping policy fails to address, and state a verdict. | fail→pass | 19,183 | 18,077 | -6% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 2,058 | 2,613 | +27% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-16 We run an online apparel brand. I am leaning toward doubling our inventory order volume for the upcoming holiday season to secure a 15% bulk discount from our overseas manufacturer. I am 70% set on placing this larger order next week. Challenge my leaning: summarize my stance, present the case against doubling inventory volume, detail the cash flow questions my order ignores, and give a verdict. | fail→fail | 14,397 | 19,119 | +33% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 2,259 | 2,646 | +17% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-17 Our project management platform has a planned Q3 release for a workflow automation engine. I am strongly leaning toward delaying that release by 3 months to pivot our core engineering resources toward integrating LLM feature summarization into the main interface. I am 80% convinced this AI shift is necessary. Challenge my roadmap pivot: outline my leaning, build the case for shipping the workflow engine on schedule, pose the questions my AI delay ignores, and state a verdict. | fail→fail | 15,421 | 20,236 | +31% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 2,329 | 2,596 | +11% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-18 Our customer support team consists of 8 full-time in-house tier-1 agents. I am leaning toward outsourcing all tier-1 support ticket handling to a third-party managed vendor in Q4 to reduce operational overhead by 40%. I am 75% committed. Challenge my plan: state my inclination, construct the counter-case for keeping support in-house, present the quality and retention questions my plan misses, and deliver a verdict. | fail→pass | 22,941 | 21,394 | -7% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 2,467 | 2,851 | +16% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-19 We operate a developer API with thousands of active integrations on v1. I am leaning toward deprecating v1 with a strict 60-day shutdown notice to force all developers onto v2 before our infrastructure upgrade. I am 85% set on setting this 60-day deadline. Challenge my decision: outline my leaning, construct the case for extending the deprecation timeline to 12 months, list the developer ecosystem questions my short timeline ignores, and give a verdict. | fail→pass | 25,032 | 15,201 | -39% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 2,848 | 2,910 | +2% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-20 Create an objective 2x2 technical decision evaluation matrix comparing PostgreSQL and MongoDB across scalability, transaction safety, developer ergonomics, and ecosystem maturity for a high-traffic e-commerce platform. Provide neutral scoring for both systems without advocating for one over the other or adopting a contrarian stance. | pass→pass | 35,346 | 35,034 | -1% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 5,219 | 5,187 | -1% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-21 Draft a standard operating procedure (SOP) workflow document detailing how our IT incident response team should escalate P1 infrastructure outages to executive leadership within 15 minutes. Include clear trigger thresholds and role responsibilities. | pass→fail | 28,357 | 30,062 | +6% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 3,764 | 4,713 | +25% | 0 | 0 | — |
▸case-22 Calculate the Net Present Value (NPV) and Internal Rate of Return (IRR) for an equipment purchase costing $200,000 upfront that generates annual cash flows of $60,000 for 5 years at an 8% discount rate. Show the exact step-by-step mathematical formulas and final numerical values. | pass→fail | 16,024 | 38,168 | +138% | 1 | 1 | 0% | 3,760 | 5,977 | +59% | 0 | 0 | — |